The WNN has historically been a non-traditional networking event focused on facilitating genuine, casual conversation through common connection. In order to retain this less-formal approach, we have decided to run the event somewhat differently than other virtual Networking events you may have participated in this year!!
The event will open with a keynote speaker (TBC), after which attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions. Following this, attendees will be randomly allocated between breakout rooms, with firm representatives and other organisational representatives spread evenly across each.
The topics for the evening are;
– Overcoming imposter syndrome
– How to actively support diversity in your workplace and challenge existing structures
– Creating a sustainable career and mental wellbeing
– Working internationally and with international issues
– How to bring your passion to work or find balance outside
– Finding your path and changing careers
We would like to extend our gratitude to our partner and sponsor firms for this event who will all be in attendance. Our portfolio partners for 2020 have been Gilbert + Tobin and Corrs Chambers Westgarth. Our sponsor firms for WNN are McKinsey & Co, Allens, Baker McKenzie and King & Wood Mallesons.
This event is open to any female-identifying, trans, and non-binary students, whether female presenting physically or otherwise at Melbourne Law School.